Blueberry season is here! Blueberries are a heart healthy Super food loaded with the antioxidant pigment Anthocyanin, that gives them their blue-red color. Anthocyanins neutralize free radicals and prevent tissue damage to help keep your pup’s heart pumping strong! Special thanks to Two Little Cavaliers for this delicious and healthy recipe.
Muddy Paws Blueberry Treats
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups blueberries (more or less as needed) Depending on the season you can use fresh blueberries or frozen and thawed.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Whisk together the water, eggs, and honey until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the liquid mixture to the flour, stirring gently to mix until a dough forms.
- Pull off pieces of dough, roll them into a ball between your hands, and place them on a greased baking sheet with room to expand.
- Place blueberries on top of the cookies in a paw pattern and press lightly to cement them in the dough.
- Bake at 325°F for 22-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Cool completely before serving.