What should you make for your top dog? Only the best of course! Check out this recipe for the star in your life 🙂
2 cups whole wheat flour
3⁄4 cup rolled oats
1⁄2 cup powdered milk
1 egg, beaten
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
1⁄4 cup water
2 jars strained baby food (, any flavor, all natural and no preservatives)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients together and make a thick dough.
- Knead on a slightly floured countertop for about 4 minutes until the dough is nice and smooth.
- Sprinkle a little more flour over the dough to make rolling easy.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutters or a small drinking glass.
- Bake on a ungreased cookie sheet for about 22 minute.
- Let doggie biscuits cool for at least 1/2 hr before serving.
- To keep fresh, package these in sealed containers.
- Try different flavors of baby food.
- Yield- depending on size.