We were surprised to learn that some pet sunscreens contain toxic and carcinogenic ingredients! So we decided to do some research to find a more natural solution! Learn how to protect your best friend at the beach this year by making your own holistic sunscreen!
You can choose either:
- Lavender Essential Oil, or
- Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
For a base (carrier) oil you can choose one of the following oils (preferably organic):
- Coconut oil
- Jojoba oil
- Sesame Oil
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Add 5 to 10 drops of essential oil for every ounce of base (carrier) oil
- Thoroughly mix the base (carrier) oil with the essential oil
- Apply sparingly
- Avoid getting the mixture in your dog’s eyes
- This is not a remedy for all day sun exposure.
- Don’t use essential oil sun-screen on puppies that are younger than 8 weeks of age.
- Do not use aromatherapy or perfume essential oils as they are produced by distillation with solvents that are toxic to dog