Why should humans be the only ones to enjoy cupcakes? Make these delicious tasty dog cupcakes aka pupcakes for your buddy! Your dog will be a happy little pup once he/she has devoured these delicious cupcakes. Recipe yields 1.5 dozen pupcakes.
- 4 cups dry dog food
- 1 cup pure pumpkin (for “frosting”)
- 1 cup wet dog food
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 apple or carrot finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a blender, mix up the dry food so it is finely blended.
- Repeat with the apple/carrot until it has a sauce-like texture.
- Combine all ingredients except the pumpkin in a big bowl. Let your pups lick the mixer to get a taste test! 😉
- Line a baking tray with cupcake wrappers or PAM and fill each cup until they have about a half or quarter inch of space at the top (the cupcakes will raise a little bit).
- Bake for 35 minutes. The cupcakes will come out slightly dark due to dog food.
- Frost the tops with the pumpkin and sprinkle strips of your dog’s favorite treats on top.
- Give to your pup and watch them enjoy their delicious treat!