Looking to jazz up your dog’s collar for Spring? Try out this DIY project and add a cute little floral arrangement to your dog’s collar. It’s super cute and will brighten any passerby’s day!
To see a complete step by step guide go to: http://moderndogmagazine.com/articles/diy-craft-floral-collar-wraps/57024
- Assortment of different colored felt sheets
- Hot glue gun
- Velcro square with sticky backs
To make a blossom:
- Cut four circles out of sheet of felt – all must be the same size. The guide used 2.5 inch circles but you can decided how large or small you want your flower to be.
- Place a strip of hot glue down the middle of your first circle and fold it in half. Make sure to press firmly to secure.
- When firmly folded – place another line of hot glue and fold the piece in half and repeat once more for a third time.
- You will have a small cone shaped ruffle. Repeat these steps with your remaining circles until you have four cone shaped ruffles.
- Glue all these pieces together in a cluster with the seams facing inwards.
To make a rose:
- Cut a circle out of a felt sheet. The sizes depend on the size you want. The guide made 2.5, 3.5 and 5-inch circles.
- Cut a spiral starting from the outer edges of the circle.
- When you have your spiral, start from the inside and begin to wrap around the bud.
- Use the hot glue gun and glue the end of the wrap to secure the flower.
- Now that you have your flowers completed, combine them into the arrangements you want and secure with hot glue. Add a few small leafs cut from felt to finalize.
- For the strap: measure how much felt will be needed to encircle your dog’s collar. Make sure add additional length to allow for overlap. Cut a strip of felt this length and at about 1 to 2 inches wide.
- Secure the arrangement to the center of the felt strap using hot glue.
- Place the velcro square on opposite ends. (One will be on the front side at the top and the other will be at the backside on the bottom).
- Wrap about your dog’s favorite collar and admire! 🙂