While you’re making gingerbread cookies for your kids, friends, yourself or for fun, why not make some for your furry pal? Your house will smell delicious and your dog will love these festive biscuits! ‘Tis the season for sharing!
For step by step directions see: http://comfybelly.com/2013/12/gingerbread-dog-biscuits/#.VGZe5lfF9fM
- 2.5 cups oat flour
- You may use brown rice or other flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- .5 cup cooked, pureed squash (butternut, pumpkin or some other kind).
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- Preheat your over to 350ºF
- Blend flour, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the eggs, squash and molasses to the bowl. Blend the mixture until it forms into a ball of dough.
- Separate the dough into two balls
- 1 ball will be placed on a piece of parchment paper, non-stick baking mat or counter-top with flour.
- Cover the ball of dough with parchment paper or other non-stick paper. Do the same with the other ball of dough.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough until it is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut shapes out. Place the cut cookie dough on baking or cookie sheets. Repeat this until all the dough has been cut into biscuit shapes.
- Bake the dough for 15 minutes. Turn each biscuit over and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Allow biscuits to cool and store them sealed at room temperature or in the refrigerator.